The Optimal Longevity Wellness Model:
A Prevention and Rejuvenation Philosophy
Well being is about living a lifestyle that promotes resilient health and OPTIMAL LONGEVITY! The body and the external environment are constantly and dynamically interactive. There will always be both internally and externally mediated stressors. If we learn our individual physiology, we can create base strategies of living to promote optimal quality and potentially add quantity to our time in this life. Good scientific literature supports the premise that we can modify our genetic potential through diet and lifestyle!
What is Functional Medicine?
As defined by the Institute for Functional Medicine, it is "personalized medicine that deals with primary prevention and underlying causes instead of symptoms of serious chronic disease. It is a science- based field of healthcare grounded in the following principles:"
- Biochemical individuality
- Patient centered care rather than disease care
- Dynamic interchange and balance between external and internal factors
- Web like interconnections rather than simply linear cause and effect of physiological factors
- Health is a positive vitality, not merely the absence of disease
- Promotion of organ reserve is a means to enhance lifespan
Functional Medicine addresses the core clinical imbalances including:
- Hormone and neurotransmitter imbalances
- Oxidation- reduction imbalances and mitochondropathy
- Detoxification and biotransformative imbalances
- Immune imbalances
- Inflammatory imbalances
- Digestive, absorptive, and microbiological imbalances
- Structural imbalances from cellular membrane function to the musculoskeletal system